High quality Dongding Oolong from Nantou, Taiwan
Formosa Dong Ding Oolong 2020
Qingxin Ruanzhi variety
little roasted, flowery, nutty, very creamy, gives a warming feeling
This Dongding Oolong is not heavily roasted, it has a warm, very creamy and nutty taste, not as woody and roasted as the traditionally made Dongding Oolong from 2019. Furthermore, this Dongding is very fruity and flowery. It's one of the best options for traditional gongfu cha or cold brew in summer.
For cold brew: 5-8 g for 500-700 ml of water at room temperature, let steep for 2-3 hours at normal room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator. There you have a refreshing, sweet and nutty cold tea for the day.
Formosa Dong Ding Oolong is a very good choice for that Chinese Gongfu
Tea ceremony. The taste of the tea works best when it is brewed in a Gongfu teapot (small teapots of 100ml-200ml).
Preparation in a Gongfu teapot
- About 5g Put Dong Ding Oolong tea leaves in a Gongfu teapot / Gaiwan.
- Water from 95 ° C add to the pot.
- first time approx. 45 seconds brewed (30 seconds longer for further infusions).
- In small ones Gongfu cups Brewed Formosa Dong Ding Oolong to serve (a Gongfu teapot usually can serve around 4 Gongfu cups).
- 5-6 Formosa Dong Ding Oolong tea leaves can be placed in a Gongfu teapot for approx. Infused 6 times become.