Miyazaki Kanayamidori Ceremonial MatchaHarvest: 2020 spring
Full-bodied ceremonial matcha from Miyazaki 宫 崎 市, Japan. Made from the cultivar Kanayamidori. The plantation on Kyusu in Miyazaki was shaded about 4 weeks before harvest, and the leaves were ground in stone mills in Kakegawa.
Intense umami notes with nuances of walnut and watermelon. Pleasant sweetness.
This Matcha should best be prepared classically in a Matcha bowl.
- Add matcha to the matcha bowl. Use 2 matcha spoons (approx. 1 flat teaspoon) in 100-150 ml of water.
- Heat your water to around 60 ° C.
- First pour about 1 teaspoon of the water into the bowl and use the matcha whisk to make a paste.
- Now pour in up to 100 ml of water and foam the matcha with the broom. To do this, move the broom in a "W-shape" until the water is sufficiently foamed.
- You can drink the matcha straight from the bowl. Or you can pour it into two small cups if you want to enjoy the Matcha for two.